Statesboro Youth Connect inspires youth to become engaged lifelong learners in their community. The program focuses on the core concepts of education, employment, civic responsibility, leadership, and diversity. Students obtain valuable skills contributing to their career path and personal development.
About Statesboro Youth Connect (SYC)
Statesboro Youth Connect is a 5-week summer program for high school students. Students interact with government leaders, community leaders, and other individuals to obtain valuable skills. Content covered includes:
- Fundamentals of City Government
- Life Skills, Soft Skills, and Employability Skills
- Career Exploration
- Civic Engagement
The total number of hours committed to SYC is 30 hours each week. Twelve hours are spent with City staff and 18 hours are spent with civic organizations. Participants will earn a weekly stipend of $7.25 per hour.
- Enrolled in high school (grades 9 through 12 during August 2021) and lives in the city limits of Statesboro; or
- A dependent of a City of Statesboro employee.
Deadline to Apply – May 4, 2021
No longer accepting applications
If you have additional questions, please contact the Department of Human Resources:
- Telephone Number – (912)764-0683
- Email – email@example.com