The mission of the Municipal Court is to provide those that we serve with high quality customer service that is effective, efficient and delivered in a professional environment while accomplishing the duties incumbent on it by the City Charter and laws of the State of Georgia, thereby maintaining the public’s respect, confidence, and satisfaction.
The Municipal Court Responsibilities:
- Process all citations handled through the Court
- Provide assistance to the Judge, Attorneys, and Defendants during court sessions
- Provide assistance to the Solicitors, who are responsible for the prosecution of all misdemeanor, traffic, animal control, and local ordinance violation cases.
- Maintain and prepare all of the Municipal dockets.
- Record the disposition of each case.
- Receive all court documents and defendant correspondence, collect fines, balance and close accounts.
Municipal Court Judge:
W. Keith Barber
I. Cain Smith
- Acceptable forms of payment: Cash, Money Orders, Cashier’s Checks, Visa, Mastercard, and Debit or Bank Cards if the cardholder is present.
- We DO NOT Accept Personal Checks.
- Fines must be paid by the Court Date.
Court Appearance Information
- If you do not appear and a continuance has not been arranged, your Driver’s License may be suspended.
- All persons who intend to plead NOT GUILTY, regardless of the offense charged, MUST appear in court on the date set.
- We do provide Indigent Defense to those who qualify. In order to qualify, an individual must fill out a short form and wait for the Judge’s decision
Contact the Municipal Court
Address: 22 West Grady Street, Statesboro, GA 30458 (within the old Police Department building).
Phone Number: (912) 764-7574
Fax Number: (912) 764-8208
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
RULES OF COURT CONDUCT