Account Establishment Fee
- $40.00 – “AEC” is a one-time charge which appears on the first bill of every new utility account
- Water: $85.00
- Sanitation: $35.00
- Gas: $85.00
**All deposits can be waived if a Letter of Credit is presented from another utility company (I.e. Georgia Power, EMC) verifying you have paid the last current 12 months of services in a timely manner. The letter of credit must be on company letterhead. The account name must match the name in which the account service is being applied for.
- Service Charge (nonrefundable): $30.00
- Seasonal Gas Reconnect Charge (non-refundable): $70.00
Sanitation Fee (Monthly)
Solid Waste Fees
**Charges apply to all active accounts within Statesboro City limits.
**All polycarts & residential shared dumpsters are serial numbered for easy identification.
**If your account is assigned a polycart, but you’re unable to locate it, please contact public works for assistance.
**Commercial dumpsters are billed based on size and number of pickups per week.
**If you are a commercial or industrial company that hauls solid waste directly to the Transfer Station on Lakeview Road, your deposit would equal two month’s bills.
Methods of Payment
- Cash, Check, or Money Order
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express (All Credit/Debit card transactions require picture identification)
- Automated Bank Draft
***Partial Payments are accepted on all account types, however the entire balance must be paid by each month’s cut-off date. If the balance is not paid, service will be disconnected until all balances & fees are satisfied and up-to-date.
***All payments must be received no later than 5:30 pm on your assigned cut-off date, to prevent interruption in service.
***IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE YOUR FIRST BILL WITHIN FOUR TO SIX WEEKS, CONTACT CITY HALL.
***ALL ACTIVE ACCOUNTS ARE BILLED THE MINIMUM MONTHLY CHARGES, EVEN WHEN THERE IS ZERO CONSUMPTION.
Effective March 1, 2017, there will be a 2% charge on all Credit Card transactions. Other payment options include cash, check and bank draft.
Returned Check Fee
- There will be an insufficient fund fee(NSF) of $35.00. Upon receiving the check from the bank as NSF, you will be notified and given a reasonable time limit to satisfy the check balance & fees. If the check balance & fee is not satisfied in the given time, a$75.00 collection fee will be added.
- There will be a 10% penalty charge for all accounts paid after the due date.
- Penalties not paid before the cut off date may be subject to disconnection of services.
Collection Charges (Interrupted Service)
- If your payment is not received before the cut-off date as it appears on the billing statement, a collection fee of $75 is required. Also, deposits must be upgraded to the current deposit amount.
- ALL FEES & BALANCES MUST BE PAID IN FULL BEFORE SERVICES ARE RESTORED
Refund of Deposits
- Deposits are retained on each account until the service is requested to be discontinued. At that time, the deposit will serve as payment of the final bill and a notice of any remaining balance will be sent to the forwarding address provided by the account holder.
- To ensure proper refunds, account names are not changed without corresponding deposits.
Service Phone Numbers
- Billing Office 912.764.5468 (Billing Issues/Questions)
- Water/Sewer/Natural Gas 912.764.0693 (Operations/Maintenance/Quality or Leak Reporting/Rebate and Appliance Info)
- Waste Water Treatment Plant 912.681.1161 (Water Testing/Tour Scheduling)
- Landfill 912.764.5279 (Disposal Inquiries)
- Public Works 912.764.0681 (Sanitation Collection or Routes)
- Police Dept. 912.764.9911 (After-Hour Emergencies)
- Fire Dept. 912.764.6155 (After-Hour Emergencies)