The Streets Division is responsible for the maintenance of city streets and rights of ways and operating the city’s mosquito control program. While minor projects can be performed by Street Division personnel large projects are typically contracted out, as the Division is primarily staffed for maintenance only.
Services provided include:
- Maintenance of street rights of ways including mowing, pothole patching, street sweeping, pavement markings, street signs, traffic signals, and debris removal.
- Work with the Georgia Department of Transportation to ensure all traffic signals remain fully functional.
- Work with Statesboro Police to provide necessary traffic control and safe, operational rights of ways.
- Work with federal, state, local, and other agencies to ensure adequate mosquito control measures are performed.
- Work with other City departments and the development community to assist with construction and development projects.
For street maintenance related inquiries contact Richard Smiley, Streets & Parks Superintendent, at 912.764.0681.