We take this opportunity to welcome you as a new City of Statesboro utility customer. We continually strive to improve our services and would appreciate any suggestions you may have to help us better serve you. Below you will find policies and procedures of our utility service. You will also find a list of telephone numbers that you will find beneficial when trying to locate service personnel. Our hours of operation are from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Effective March 1, 2017, there will be a 2% charge on all Credit Card transactions. Other payment options include cash, check and bank draft.
Billing Office 912.764.5468 (Billing Issues/Questions)
Water 912.764.5468 (Water Issues/Questions)
Natural Gas 912.764.0693 (Operating/Rebate Program Questions)
Landfill 912.764.5279 (Disposal Inquiries)
Public Works 912.764.0681 (Sanitation Collection or Routes)
Police Dept. 912.764.9911 (After-Hour Emergencies)
Fire Dept. 912.764.6155 (After-Hour Emergencies)
Account Establishment Fee
- $40.00 – “AEC” is a one-time charge which appears on the first bill of every new utility account
- Water: $85.00
- Sanitation: $35.00
- Gas: $85.00
**All deposits can be waived if a Letter of Credit is presented from another utility company (I.e. Georgia Power, EMC) verifying you have paid the last current 12 months of services in a timely manner. The letter of credit must be on company letterhead. The account name must match the name in which the account service is being applied for.
- Service Charge (nonrefundable): $30.00
- Seasonal Gas Reconnect Charge (nonrefundable): $55.00
Sanitation Fee (Monthly):
- Residential: $11.80
- Commercial: $13.90
- Tippage Fee: $3.95
- Yard Waste: $1.60
**Charges apply to all active accounts within Statesboro City limits.
**All polycarts & residential shared dumpsters are serial numbered for easy identification.
**If your account is assigned a polycart, but you’re unable to locate it, please contact public works for assistance.
**Commercial dumpsters are billed based on size and number of pickups per week.
**If you are a commercial or industrial company that hauls solid waste directly to the Transfer Station on Lakeview Road, your deposit would equal two month’s bills.
Methods of Payment
- Cash, Check, or Money Order
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express (All Credit/Debit card transactions require picture identification)
- Automated Bank Draft
***Partial Payments are accepted on all account types, however the entire balance must be paid by each month’s cut-off date. If the balance is not paid, service will be disconnected until all balances & fees are satisfied and up-to-date.
***All payments must be received no later than 5:00 pm on your assigned cut-off date, to prevent interruption in service
***IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE YOUR FIRST BILL WITHIN FOUR TO SIX WEEKS, CONTACT CITY HALL
***ALL ACTIVE ACCOUNTS ARE BILLED THE MINIMUM MONTHLY CHARGES, EVEN WHEN THERE IS ZERO CONSUMPTION
Returned Check Fee
- $ 35.00 (NSF) fee. Upon receiving the check from the bank as NSF, you will be notified and given a reasonable time limit to satisfy the check balance & fees. If the check balance & fee is not satisfied in the given time, a$75.00 collection fee will be added.
- There will be a 10% penalty charge for all accounts paid after the due date.
- Penalties not paid before the cut off date may be subject to disconnection of services.
Collection Charges (Interrupted Service):
- If your payment is not received before the cut-off date as it appears on the billing statement, a collecetion fee of $75 is required. Also, deposits must be upgraded to the current deposit amount.
- ALL FEES & BALANCES MUST BE PAID IN FULL BEFORE SERVICES ARE RESTORED
Refund of Deposits
- Deposits are retained on each account until the service is requested to be discontinued. At that time, the deposit will serve as payment of the final bill and a notice of any remaining balance will be sent to the forwarding address provided by the account holder.
- To ensure proper refunds, account names are not changed without corresponding deposits.