• Building Permits

    Planning & Development is where to go for any permits for signage, roofing, demolition, new construction, and renovations.

    Roofing permits are issued at the P&D desk on the third floor of City Hall on a walk-in basis. For all other permit types, staff review is required.

    You can find our application forms and developer’s packet on the Applications, Forms, & Fee Schedules page.

  • Signs

    To erect, construct, replace, modify, relocate or structurally alter a sign, the appropriate sign permit application must be submitted to the Department of Planning & Development for processing. Subsequent review and approval of all sign permit applications is the joint responsibility of both the Planning & Development Department and Engineering departments. The Statesboro sign ordinance can be found in Article XV of Appendix A (Zoning) of municipal code. A general overview of the Statesboro sign ordinance can be found by accessing the following brochure.

    Do you know what sign district your property is in? The City of Statesboro is divided into four (4) distinct sign districts. Access our Sign District Decision Tree or 2014 Future Development Map.

    (Standard) Signs: For all signs requiring a permit ([Section 1509, Statesboro Zoning Ordinance] other than temporary signs or billboards) please complete in full the appropriate sign permit found on our Applications, Forms, and Fee Schedules page, and submitted with all required supplemental information.